Through focused assessment and creation of individualized learning plans, the Center prepares students to successfully navigate social situations and future endeavors. Trained teachers and clinical specialists work with each student to set academic and behavioral goals. The Individualized Education Program (IEP) is a written plan developed by the Center’s educators and specifies the students’ academic goals and the method to obtain these goals. On the basis of the level of disability, teaching methods can include individualized instructions, problem-solving assignments and small group tasks, as well as electronic teaching aids like iPad and audio-visual aids.
ASDAN Registered Center
As part of the center’s goal of making young adults with special needs become independent and help them become employment ready, we are proud to announce that SNF Development Center is now ASDAN certified.
ASDAN (Award Scheme Development & Accreditation Network) is a pioneering curriculum development organization and awarding body offering programs and qualifications that explicitly grow skills for learning, skills for employment and skills for life.
After the course, each student will receive a certificate that helps them get recognized across the world.
Customised Training Plan
Provides a holistic learning platform to students through different departments that facilitate active engagement on behalf of the students thereby helping them unlock their potential and achieve as much independence as their abilities allow. The customised training program closely works with parents of these individuals by keeping them informed of their ward’s monthly progress and suggesting techniques to promote learning at home. The training is spread across the following departments:
- Functional Department
- Advanced Functional Department
- Speech Therapy
- Computer Department
- Art and Craft Department
- Daily Living Skills Department
- Physiotherapy Department
- Communication and Social Skills Department
- Production Unit
In addition to the training provided at the Center, the students have the opportunity to experience various extra-curricular activities such as:
- Fitness and Leisure
- Dance class
- Music Class
- Flower Arrangement
- Horse Riding
- Buddy Program – to interact with students from mainstream schools
- Participation in art workshops with professional artists
- Participations in various bazaars and exhibitions
The SNF Support Group was initiated by Mrs. Sandhya Perera and Mrs. Safia Bari in 2003 as a forum for families of individuals with special needs. Originally christened the Special Needs Families Support group, the forum consisted of 5 families who came together to discuss their children’s needs and form a support system which helped each individual understand and cope with the various challenges they faced.
Today, the SNF Support Group functions at a larger scale catering to 160 families who are brought together by various activities such as family trips and workshops and also provides the members certain facilities through tie-ups with other service providers.
Families or individuals interested in becoming a member of the SNF Support Group can fill in the membership form and submit it via e-mail to [email protected] or visit the Center to enroll themselves.
Out Patient Services
- Speech Therapy: One of the major difficulties of students with special needs is the delay in speech and language development. Speech and language therapy sessions aims to improve, and make possible, an individual with different inabilities to effectively communicate their thoughts and ideas to the world. Such private sessions help increase an individual’s potential for independence and positively impacts their quality of life.
- Communication and Social Skills Training: Social skills training program aims to build bridges that ensure a smooth transition for our students from a school-led environment to the adult world of work culture and societal responsibilities. Skill generalization through the training enables our students to overcome the difficulties they experience in interpersonal relationships, peer interaction and societal collaborations by building resilience, learning to identifying avenues for self-expression and taking personal responsibility. We aim to develop our students into young adults who can confidently express their wants and can stand up for themselves and their rights in the competitive world.
- Physiotherapy: The individual sessions enhance physical strength of students through a regime of exercises and activities to develop and augment muscle tone, range of motion, and overall coordination of body movements. This involves the use of balance, strength and coordination activities, toys, games or other special equipments. Physical exercise program is designed to encourage movements and help maintain overall health.
Contact SNF @ +971-4-3349818 for more information
A minimum age requirement of 14 years is required to join the Center.
The admission process starts with our management conducting an interview with you and your ward. We ask for any previous medical records / diagnosis report and school reports. On the basis of the management’s decision the ward will then be asked to attend an assessment procedure with our team at the Center. After the evaluation of the assessment and a team discussion, the management will decide on the possibility of the student joining the Center. He/she will then be kept on a 10 day observation. On successfully completing all the above, with the satisfaction of both; staff and the student, we confirm the students admission at the Center.
To book an appointment, please write to us on [email protected]